DNS 101 question: how to setup Bind 9.4?

Isaac Chan iwchan2004 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:34:34 UTC 2007

Dear vetaran Bind users,
I am a first-time user of Bind 9.4. I have no prior knowledge on Bind SW or
DNS in general. So these questions may sound silly to you. I would like to
know how to set up my own DNS on my laptop using Win XP SP2. I would like to
transfer my existing domain names from commercial DNS provider. I have
domain names with either regular or international (chinese) format. Also,
how to register more domain names without resorting to commercial means?

Regards,
Isaac