Multiple NSs or multiple glue records

Gustavo Lozano glozano at nic.mx
Wed Sep 20 14:41:27 UTC 2006

Thank you for you answer, but I am looking in how BIND resolver code
behaves in each case.

I am looking an answer like: If you use multiple NS then BIND will
try the following NS in the RRset when one fails but if you use
multiple A record the NS is internally marked as bad when you don't
get an answer and BIND will not try all IP address.

The example only considers A RRs because I want to center the
discussion in how the different algorithms that evaluate RTT for each
NS implemented in BIND8 and BIND9 affect behavior of the resolver.

Thank you.

gus