constructing named.conf

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Sat Sep 9 13:31:30 UTC 2006

is there any functional difference between:

view "internal" {
        match-clients { !192.168.1.49; mynets; };
        recursion yes;
        zone "mynet.com" {
                type master;
                file "/etc/namedb/master/mynet.com.i.hosts";
                allow-transfer { any; };
                also-notify { 192.168.1.50; };
                notify yes;
                };

and:
view "internal" {
        match-clients { !192.168.1.49; mynets; };
        recursion yes;
	allow-transfer { any; };
        also-notify { 192.168.1.50; };
        notify yes;
	zone "mynet.com" {
                type master;
                file "/etc/namedb/master/mynet.com.i.hosts";
                };

it would seem,that the second example would be the more efficient way to go,
that i would not have to add the transfer/notify commands to each of my
zones?  am i on the right page here?  right now my named.conf has the
transfer and notify under each zone, and i would like to clean it up, if this
would be a proper thing to do.  (under the assumption that i want every zone
in the internal view to follow the same behaviors, etc etc).

thanks,
jonathan