Accuracy of DNSStuff reports

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Nov 29 00:40:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Barry Margolin wrote:

>> Actually I think it;s good idea, it alerts the admin who set it up they
>> are open to exploitation and abuse.
>
> So make it a warning.
>
> The problem is that it confuses OTHER people who are trying to
> troubleshoot problems accessing the domain.  They see the big red FAIL
> and think that it's due to the DNS misconfiguration.

Point taken, and thinking about it, I agree, and maybe the person related
to DNSReports monitoring this thread could change this to reflect a WARN
or offer another point of view as to why they prefer FAIL.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd