Redirect Domain with CNAME, but leave Subdomain

susikaufmann2003 at hotmail.com susikaufmann2003 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 10:24:08 UTC 2006

Hello,

i have the following problem: I am hosting a domain and now I want to
redirect nearly everything, but leave the mail-transfer and one
subdomain on my server.

E.g.: mail.mydomain.com, mysubdomain.mydomain.com should be left on my
server, but everything else, e.g. www.mydomain.com should be done by
another server www.other.com (CNAME).

now:

mydomain.com.      86400  IN   A         xx.xx.xx.xx
*.mydomain.com.   86400  IN   A         xx.xx.xx.xx

www.mydomain.com.   86400  IN  CNAME         www.other.com.
mydomain.com.     86400   IN   MX 10   mail.mydomain.com.

mydomain.com.     86400   IN   NS        ns.blabla.com.
mydomain.com.     86400   IN   NS        ns2.blabla.com.

Susanne