Solaris 8 named is ignorant

david hawley dryanhawley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 22:05:06 UTC 2006

Richardo,
My bad.  I should have mentioned that.  This is how I have the file
configured at this point:
# consult /etc "files" only if nis is down.
hosts:      nis [NOTFOUND=return] files
ipnodes:    files

And a "ps -elf | grep nis

returns 0

I believe the nis daemon is now called:

nisd            rpc.nisd (1m)   - NIS+ service daemon

based on man -k nis | grep daemon

I will try your settings just in case.

Thank You, DRyan