Experimental IPv6 Resolver Library

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp
Tue May 16 06:17:37 UTC 2006

> The latest BIND 9 README says
>                 - IP version 6
>                         Answers DNS queries on IPv6 sockets
>                         IPv6 resource records (AAAA)
>                         Experimental IPv6 Resolver Library
> What is this "Experimental IPv6 Resolver Library"?  Is it actually a new
> library that I couldn't find or just IPv6 support added to the old bind 8
> compatible library or to the lwres library/daemon?

It has been in README since a very old version of BIND9, so I guess
it means a lwres library in general (bind-9.x.y/lib/lwres/) or
specifically the getrrset() function implemented as part of the
lwreslib.  (I'm not very much familiar with BIND9 at that stage or a
BIND9 historian, so it's just a guess).

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.