Problem with domain on local network

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Tue Mar 28 17:37:13 UTC 2006

> To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
> From: "Mike" <mikedawg at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Problem with domain on local network
> Date: 27 Mar 2006 16:10:42 -0800
>
> There is actually no error, thats what is going on.  All of a sudden, I
> update the zone file (updating, and incrementing the serial as always)
> and it just doesn't load at all.  Using nslookup on the localhost it
> doesn't work.  I'm just trying to figure out why bind isn't loading
> that and the reverse zone for the IPs.

What kind of errors are showing up in the nameserver logs?

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin