Problem with domain on local network

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Tue Mar 28 17:04:50 UTC 2006

Mike wrote:
> There is actually no error, thats what is going on.  All of a sudden, I
> update the zone file (updating, and incrementing the serial as always)
> and it just doesn't load at all.  Using nslookup on the localhost it
> doesn't work.  I'm just trying to figure out why bind isn't loading
> that and the reverse zone for the IPs.

Just as an example here is part of my named.conf

logging {
   channel default_syslog {
           syslog user;
           severity info;
   };
   # Log general name server errors to syslog.
   channel syslog_errors {
           syslog user;
   };
   # Log names searched.
   # category queries { default_syslog; };
};

Stop bind and start again. Then you can see in your system log
(/var/log/messages on my system) what gets loaded and why not.

Cheers
Peter and Karin

--
Peter and Karin Dambier