named.conf file in xml

Tom Jones tjones at acworld.com
Thu Mar 16 17:36:29 UTC 2006

Look, I'm no fan of Microsoft, and I understand the "easy human"
readable config files. My point about MS is that they are embracing
standards like XML to make it easier to write tools and GUI's for
their applications. This is seen as great asset, so no matter what or
how , all you have to do is generate the xml file based on the schema.

All I know is that, the more I've started to use XML the easier it
gets for writing webservices to which can control a lot of my apps
and their xml config files. This also allows me to not to need to
learn yet another config syntax since there is no real standard for
config files.

tom