problem - mail to/from isc.org thought of as spam

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Sun Jun 25 15:08:17 UTC 2006

> Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:34:32 +0200
> From: Robert Cates <robert at kormar.de>
> To: "'bind-users at isc.org'" <bind-users at isc.org>
> Subject: problem - mail to/from isc.org thought of as spam
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have exim 4.54 running with spamassassin 3.0.4, and I have my
> user_prefs set with 'whitelist_from   *@isc.org' and 'whitelist_to
> folder.  Does any body have an idea why?  I'm a member of several
> mailing lists, but this one is the only one that ends up in my spam
folder.

Guessing here, but it might be the list URLs in the headers...?  Dunno
really why though.  Especially if you have it "whitelisted"...  Perhaps
your "whitelisting" is not set up properly?  (Although if you're
running exim, I'd think that it WOULD be set up properly...)

Regards,
GRegory Hicks

> All help will be greatly appreciated!
> Thanks, Robert

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1             | Fax:      408.894.3479
San Jose, CA 95134                      | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin