Named on LAN problem

S t i n g r a y fasi_74 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 10:04:11 UTC 2006

Well recently i ask for help regarding my first dns server on LAN & now i have installed & configured it ,
but there is one problem its not workign the way i want it to ...
for example i want to have a local domain called clickonline.net mapping to the ip address of 10.0.0.4 but its not working .. here are my config files.

named.conf

acl clients {
       10.0.0.0/16;
        ::1;
};

options {
        listen-on    { any; };
        allow-recursion { clients; };
};
//forwarders {10.0.0.1;};
zone "." {
        type hint;
        file "standard/root.hint";
};

zone "localhost" {
        type master;
        file "standard/localhost";
        allow-transfer { localhost; };
};

zone "127.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "standard/loopback";
        allow-transfer { localhost; };
};
zone "clickonline.net" {
        type master;
        file "/var/named/master/db.clickonline.net";
};

my /var/named/master/db.clickonline.net file

$TTL    86400
@       IN      SOA     ns.clickonline.net. admin at clickonline.net.
(
                              1         ; Serial
                         604800         ; Refresh
                          86400         ; Retry
                        2419200         ; Expire
                          86400 )       ; Negative Cache TTL
;
@       IN      NS      ns.clickonline.net.

@       IN      A      10.0.0.4
mailserver       IN      A      10.0.0.2
firewall      IN      A      10.0.0.6

my /etc/resolve.conf file

domain  clickonline.net
nameserver 10.0.0.6

the client pc window which is configured to use my named server

C:\Documents and Settings\admin>nslookup clickonline.net
*** Can't find server name for address 10.0.0.6: Non-existent domain
*** Default servers are not available
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  10.0.0.6

*** UnKnown can't find clickonline.net: Server failed

what should i do now ?
regards
Faisal