Redirecting NXDOMAINS

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Thu Jun 8 18:05:41 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have checked the ARM and the list archives, but I haven't been able to
find out whether this is possible in bind.

We would like to return a particular IP address instead of a negative
response to DNS queries for non-existent sites.

I know there may be some resistance to doing this from purists, but for
a low-cost provider, any additional income we can generate by
redirecting such requests to a search pages with ads that generate
money, allows us to keep our costs low.

I know several companies are charging for this service, but it seems
such an easy modification can be done locally without having to pay the
middleman.

Thanks!