include files in named.conf.local

Thijs Koetsier reply at newsgroup.pls
Tue Jul 18 21:06:12 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Maybe I've been looking for this in the wrong place, but I haven't found
an answer yet. So, please excuse me if this is answered many times before.

Is it possible to include files into the named.conf.local (local bind
configuration) file? I know that single files can be included (include
"/etc/bind/zones.rfc1918";), but can it also be done for all files in
one folder?

In my named.conf.local (Debian), I have, like most of us, numerous
entries like this:

zone "example.com" {
     type master;
     file "/etc/bind/zones/example.com";
};

I would like to have files in a folder, eg. /etc/bind/local/example.com,
in which the above four lines are placed in the file 'example.com'. In
my named.conf.local I would like to put something like Apache is using:
Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/[^.#]*

Whenever I try modifications on that, bind9 won't take it. Does anyone
know if this method is possible in any way and if so; how can it be done?

Thanks in advance, kind regards,