zone ./IN: has 0 SOA records

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Feb 21 19:55:41 UTC 2006

	I get this message when starting an experimental DNS using
bind9.3.1.  Right now, all the zones are private zones or reverse maps
to private networks but the named.ca file and the "." zone designation
are standard.

	The server actually runs but, as is no surprise, can not resolve
any domains other than the private zones which it has.

	I wanted to cause this name server to resolve private zones
which it does and recursively resolve external queries which it
doesn't.

	Is there an updated file somewhere of all the error messages
and warnings from bind9.3.1 so I can update my resources?

	I dug up a file I had saved a long time ago of bind messages
and found it was bind8-based so it is time to replace it.

	Thank you for any good ideas.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK