bind8 and bind9 compatibility

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:13:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

It seems you asked something similar a while ago (July 2005) - at that
time you were asking what to use for DDNS updates. So I'll skip the
libbind vs. bind9 libs discussion, as I've already covered it when I
replied you then.

If you're concerned about interworking between libbind (be it 8.2.3 or
something else) and BIND9, I can tell you that I've used various
versions of libbind (8.2.3, 8.2.7 and 8.4.5) to update BIND9 servers
(9.2.3 and 9.3.0 at that time) and I didn't encounter any problems
(besides some libbind problems on Windows, but they won't affect you
if you're not running that OS).

Stefan.