Server is initializing itself

Keith Woodworth kwoody at citytel.net
Fri Feb 10 05:24:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Keith Woodworth wrote:

|->xfers deferred: 0
|->soa queries in progress: 0
|->query logging is OFF
|->server is initialising itself
|->
|->I did this before when I put a new server online, same method, only diff
|->is its bind 8.4.6, FBSD 4.11.
|->
|->Google doesnt come up with anything, searching the ISC archives now.
|->
|->What is the server doing? It says its ready, but ndc says its not
|->initialzed yet?

Duh, I think I know what the deal is here, for some reason connectivity
is whacked to that box. Its reachable locally via ssh, but for some damn
reason cant get out past the default gateway so the server is trying to
init with the root.hints.

damn everything is the same, IP, GW, mask, I can ping the default gateway
for that vlan, but nothing is going past that GW to the next hop into my
upstream.