Automatic refresh secondary when primary change

Dave Clark bind-users at dollardns.net
Thu Feb 2 13:21:51 UTC 2006

I've seen refused notifies before and the problem was the NS records were
incorrect.  You could try verifying that your NS records refer to all of the
dns servers and that those dns server domains point to the right IPs.  You
say it is your external view that is having the problem - and that is
something we can debug ourselves if you provide the real domain.

The reason only the external view and not the internal view might be working
may be because you have this in your options block:

>        allow-notify {
>                ip-secondary;
>        };

And ip-secondary only mentioned the private IPs and not the external IPs.
But if you have correct NS information then you won't need allow-notify at
all.

Dave