views/slaves/notify problem cures?

Craig Paul paul at cap.cc.ku.edu
Wed Dec 13 15:22:53 UTC 2006

Mark Andrews wrote:
>> Hmm, 4 views, none of which is exclusively "external" and 250 remote
>> master zones connecting to this 4 viewed slave.
>>
>> There are at least 8 masters feeding to this slave.
>>
>> I don't think this is covered in the section of the FAQ entitled:
>>
>> "Q:
>>
>> How can I make a server a slave for both an internal and an external
>> view at the same time? When I tried, both views on the slave were
>> transferred from the same view on the master."
>>
>> Is that what you were referring to in the FAQ?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> 	Just apply the same techniques.  You need to ensure that
> 	notifies get sent to each appropriate view on the slave.

Only one master is controlled by us, so asking each of the other of at least 7 masters to
set up 3 more IP addresses and configure their nameservers for something they really
aren't participating in (the views really are for 1 zone that doesn't involve their zones)
is not a scalable solution.

So, if notify updated all views that would be optimal.

--
Craig Paul - Networking and Telecommunications
A Division of Information Services