DNS zone to host only certain records & forward other requests to other DNS Servers.

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Fri Aug 11 00:55:19 UTC 2006

In article <ebett5$54b$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Manjunath H N" <Manjunath.hn at mphasis.com> wrote:

> [...]

No.  When you create a zone named XXX, it only handles requests for
names ending in XXX.  Since www.subdomain.webserver.partner.com doesn't
end in www.webserver.partner.com, it won't be handled by that zone.

You'll need a separate zone for each name you want to override locally,
unless you want to shadow a whole domain.  For instance, if you want to
override all XXX.webserver.partner.com names, you can create this as a
zone.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA