Redirect all dns resquet

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Sep 30 12:28:15 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 01:58:38PM +0100,
 masterlolo at noos.fr <masterlolo at noos.fr> wrote
 a message of 8 lines which said:

> I would like to know if it's possible to redirect all request dns on
> a bind server to an url or apache server.
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                   Sorry, but that is undecipherable. Say it in
		   French on dns-fr, I'll understand better :-)

If a BIND server redirects the DNS request to an Apache server, what
will Apache do? Apache is an HTTP server, it does not know DNS.

> For example, the client go to www.google.com, and with my dns, the
> request go to an other url.

Do you really need to use the DNS? A transparent HTTP + a HTTP
redirector seems a better solution.

If you insist on a DNS-based solution, declare yourself authoritative
for google.com and put in the zone what you want.

Warnings: it has ethical, may be legal, and certainly operational
(long-term maintenance) issues.