include statement in named.conf

Storming Norman tanmanlovespool at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 21:36:10 UTC 2005

I have a customer (Hosting DNS 4 Us) that has over 200 zones grouped
under several different company names in my named.conf file. I decided
to gather all of them together into one file and reference the file
with the include statement in named.conf. However, when I make changes
to one of the zones and attempt to do an ndc reload of the particular
zone, I receive the following error:

# ./ndc reload myzone.com
myzone.com not found in named.conf. Note: CaSe SeNsItIvItY!

This is a snippet of the include file containing the referenced zone:

~
};
zone "myzone.com" {
        type master;
        file "dia/db.myzone.com";
};
~

And this is the line in named.conf referencing the include file:

// Hosting DNS 4 Us (111.222.111.222/26)
include "/var/named/myzone.master.include";

NOTE: I only have this problem on the master server. The slave servers'
include files seem to be read without a problem. All servers are
running Bind 9.2.3 on Solaris 8. Permissions on the include file are
644.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this problem?