out-of-business registrar

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 20:37:09 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 2005-September-28 14:42, Joe Greco wrote:
> OP:  Good luck getting Neustar to help you out with your .US geo
> domain. Despite having obvious ties and control over our zones here
> for a decade, they made me go through a huge song and dance of
> getting letters from the CIO of the City of Milwaukee in order to
> *remove* a *clearly dead* name server.  If I recall correctly, this
> took about three months and several rounds of B.S. to get corrected,
> and from what I hear, that's doing real good.

Thanks, this story well illustrates my point that some would like
Neustar to meet the same fate as i-theta.

> I feel certain that they want the .US geo names dead, gone, and
> inoperable, because they're not making any money from them.  Their
> level of support for the delegated managers seems to reflect that,
> and they've essentially halted any attempts at new registrations,

Have you considered taking your tale of woe to the US DOC? Not that I
hold any hope of it doing any good, but maybe eventually they will
decide to hold Neustar accountable for their performance.

If the kickbacks dry up, that is. :)
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header