9.2.3 to 9.3.1 Upgrade

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Sun Sep 25 03:38:25 UTC 2005

Jim McAtee wrote:
> We're currently running BIND 9.2.3 on Win2k Server.  Is there anything to
> be aware of when upgrading to 9.3.1, either in general, or on that
> particular platform?  Will the config and zone files from a 9.2.3
> installation be OK with 9.3.1?

Yes, you'll get a version that has has it's socket code rearchitected so
that it is reliable and takes advantage of I/O Completion Ports. There
are well known architectural problems in the code you are running. I
recommend that you upgrade as soon as possible.

The configuration files are the same.

Danny