Bind 9.3 failure message when configured for views with virtual IPs.

Lenny manson.john at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:33:10 UTC 2005

I am running views and have 2 virtual IPs configured in named.conf.
The virtuals service the views and are configured according to O'Riely.
The virtual IPs are 'up' and pingable.
I get the following error message after I stop and start named.
I have a similar config running in another location which works fine.

[ID 866145 daemon.warning] unable to create dispatch for reserved port
143.231.xxx.xxx#53: address not available

Netstat shows the domain service is listening on the above IP/port.

Thanks in advance.