Creation of MX record for a subzone - HELP

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:39:12 UTC 2005

I think you're mistaking a subdomain for a subzone; a subzone should have
*its own* zone file (for
acarlar.garantisigorta.com.tr<http://acarlar.garantisigorta.com.tr>.
I mean), and a corresponding entry in named.conf specifying the zone name
and the file where the zone data is. It's not possible to store the data for
somedomain and child.somedomain in the same zone file, as far as I know.
There's a trick in order to use the same zone file for more than one zone
(using @ instead of defining the actual $ORIGIN), but I don't think you can
do that when one is delegated from the other, since the parent needs to
delegate the subzone.

Create the child zone file, add the MX and NS records there. You'll also
need to put the NS records for the child in the
garantisigorta.com.tr<http://garantisigorta.com.tr>.
zone, in order to delegate the zone from the parent one.

This is really a very basic question, and you'll find plenty of examples for
this on the web (google for "delegating a subdomain").