Lame server

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Tue Oct 18 20:10:57 UTC 2005

In article <dj1kpb$u21$1 at sf1.isc.org>, Akaash T <akaash.t at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Mr.Peter
>  Thanks for your Prompt reply.When i see the reports of my dns server the
> following errors am getting.
>  ERROR: You have one or more lame nameservers. These are nameservers that do
> NOT answer authoritatively for your domain. This is bad; for example, these
> nameservers may never get updated. The following nameservers are lame
>   ERROR: Your nameservers disagree as to which version of your DNS is the
> latest (2874612272 versus 2874612289). This is OK if you have just made a
> change recently, and your secondary DNS servers haven't yet received the new
> information from the master. I will continue the report, assuming that
> 2874612289 is the correct serial #. The serial numbers reported by each DNS
> server are
>  can u please anyone guide to resolve this solution.this become more
> critical to my organisation

You still haven't answered the question: what domains are you hosting,
and what are the IPs of your servers.

The quick answer is that there's probably a syntax error in the zone
file on your master server, so it's making itself non-authoritative when
it loads the zone.  Check the log on the master server for warning
messages generated when named starts up, and fix the errors.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA