Bind internal and external

Andy Pieters x_terminat_or_3 at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 9 19:58:49 UTC 2005

Hi
> If you have a static IP and adequate bandwidth and server reliability
> (good hardware, electrical service, UPS) you can be one of your own
> nameservers. If you have another site (or low standards ;) ) you can
> provide all DNS for your domain.

Static IP: check
UPS: check (that includes the server and all hubs, switches, and routers)
Is there a walktrough somewhere to quickly gain understanding of the setup
needed?   It seems that DNS, although simple in concept is quite complicated
in setup (man bind alone is more then 30 pages)

With kind regards

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
Now listening to [silence]

   amaroK::the Coolest Media Player in the known Universe!

   Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can
   stay up all night and eat anything.
					    Herb Caen
--
--
Check out these few php utilities that I released

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/