Bad zone content in transfers

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Nov 29 01:32:31 UTC 2005

Are you using views on the master? This sure sounds like the classic
"matching the wrong view" problem.

More generally, do you recognize the contents of the "wrong" version of
the zone? I've never known BIND to simply fabricate zone data before. It
must be getting the data from *somewhere*.

You could perhaps run a sniffer, e.g. tcpdump or snoop, to verify where
the slave is getting the bad version of the zone.

   - Kevin