Bad zone content in transfers

Kris binduser at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:55:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm using a simple setup of master/backup BIND servers.
I use transfers to apply changes from the master to the backup server
(see config files excerpts below).

When I do a manual change into one zone file on the master, I change
the serial number from (ex.) 2005110115 to 2005112801 to force the
transfer to the backup.
On the backup server, the transfer starts and the zone file has correct
date/time (logs are correct). The problem is that the file has not the
same content, and the serial of that zone file is (ex.) 2005062412.
I removed all the zone files on the backup server and forced new
transfers for all zones, the zone files came, but the content is not
good ! It's like the zone file comes from another server ... but there
isn't, and I see in the logs that the transfers come from the master
which has the good files. I neither have another default install of
BIND or some stuff running on the master server.

Did I miss something in the config ?
Could you please help ?

Thanks in advance,

Kris.

On the master (192.168.1.1) :

options {
        directory "/var/named";
        dump-file "/var/named/cache_dump.db";
        statistics-file "/var/named/named_stats.txt";
        zone-statistics yes;
        forwarders {
                10.1.1.1;
                10.1.1.2;
        };
        allow-transfer { 192.168.1.2; };
        allow-query { internal-networks; 127.0.0.1;};
        also-notify {192.168.1.2;};
        notify yes;
        // provide only full zone transfers
        provide-ixfr no;
};

zone "blabla.example.com" in {
        type master;
        file "blabla.example.com.hosts";
        allow-transfer { 192.168.1.2; };
};

On the backup (192.168.1.2) :

options {
        directory "/var/named";
        dump-file "/var/named/cache_dump.db";
        statistics-file "/var/named/named_stats.txt";
        zone-statistics yes;
        forwarders {
                10.1.1.1;
                10.1.1.2;
                };
        // allow notify from master server
        allow-notify { 192.168.1.1; };
        // this host cannot be a source for zone info
        allow-transfer { none; };
        // no changes should be made on this host, but
        notify no;
        allow-query { internal-networks; 127.0.0.1;};
        transfers-per-ns 10;
        forward only;
        allow-recursion {internal-networks;127.0.0.1;};
        minimal-responses yes;
        recursion yes;
        // request-ixfr no --> request only full zone transfers to
master
        request-ixfr no;
};

zone "blabla.example.com" in {