BIND 9.2.2 and OS X Tiger Server

Daniel Ström daniel at shift.se
Wed Nov 2 14:19:49 UTC 2005

Hey!

We just got a new firewall and this is the first machine i´m hooking
up a server behind it. This server has a static internal IP of
192.168.1.200 and also a static external IP that points to the
firewall wich use one-to-one NAT for pointing the external adress to
the internal. I have added the domain for this server in my
Authorative DNS (BIND 9.2.2) that resides outside the firewall and
everything is working fine. I have added both DNS-servers in DNS-
settings (in the server) and i can browse and send/recieve mail fine
but it´s this one thing that bugs me. I dont think it resolves to
itself (at least that´s what i think it is).

This is a Mac OS X Server 10.4 box and if anyone of you is familiar
with Server Admin (the admin tool for os x server) it does not
display a DNS name like my two other DNS servers does. Is that
because it cant resolve its own domain name? If anyone can point me
in the right direction here on how to correct this i would really
appriciate it.

/ Daniel