"journal rollforward failed: not exact"

Jack Tavares j.tavares at F5.com
Tue Nov 1 19:14:27 UTC 2005

Howdy -

I am getting this error when starting up named (ver 9.3.1)
--begin--
zone test.net/IN/external: journal rollforward failed: not exact
--end--

running in debug mode, it _appears_ that it is complaining about
deleting a record that does not exist.

I thought deleting a non-existing RR via nsupdate was a NO-OP.

Question:

1. Is the deletion of a non-existent RR causing this problem?

2. If not, any suggestions on how this happened?

Using journalprint on the .jnl file doesn't show anything odd.

I can send the zone and .jnl file if anyone wants to take a look.

Thanks
--
jack