Registrar changes

Éric Allard bind_ml36 at telusquebec.net
Mon May 30 18:10:44 UTC 2005

We are an internet provider and we have 3 dns that have authority for more than 2500 domains. We would like to change the 3 ip addresses of these DNS but we want to keep their names. We know that the registrars have records of their names.

Do they have  records of their addresses too (for these DNS)?

What do we have to do before changing theirs addresses?

Which steps do we have to follow to avoid any problems?

What should arrive with the root servers?

The registrars are icann.org, cira.ca ...

Thanks a lot for your help!