internal view - forward problem

nasar linux nasarlinux at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 12:10:32 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I have a master server and a slave dns server for
domain.com.

slave server is in lan(mulithomed). it has two views
external and internal. Some A records are only in
external view and when a request from lan goes, say
for
   db1.domain.com
which is missing in internal view. my internview entry
is
view "internal" {
  match-clients {192.168.1.0/24;  127.0.0.1;};
    recursion yes;
    match-recursive-only yes;
   forward first;
  forwarders {  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx; }; //my primary
domain server
 .
 .
 .

Basically what i need is if db1.domain.com is missing
in internal view, it has to pick either from external
view or from the forwarders. Please help.

Thanks
Nasar

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html