Complex DNS Resolver Question

www.ttdown.com radiusmax at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 06:23:06 UTC 2005

We are currenlty connected to another company via a LAN-to-LAN vpn
with limited access to some of their resources.  We are trying to
setup DNS for our local clients to access these resources through our
DNS servers.  However, this company also has their domain name
available to the internet.  For example, example.com is there domain.
We want to access test.example.com through the VPN, but we want to
access home.example.com via the internet.

Basically, I would like to selectively resolve some records for a
domain one way and for the other records within that domain, have
internet DNS records resolve it.  Is it possible to do this with Bind
9 or Windows 2003 DNS?