Updating forwarders dynamically

A. Farber Alexander.Farber at t-online.de
Wed Mar 30 19:52:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm using OpenBSD -current with bind 9.3.0 and I receive
the nameservers from my ADSL-provider when I connect to it
using ppp. I've searched this newsgroup and have learnt
that forwarding is unneeded in my setup and I should just
use the root hints.

But still I'm curious, if there is a way to update the
"forwarders" option in the snippet of my named.conf
(s. below)dynamically, via nsupdate or maybe Net::DNS
and not through generating the named.conf file anew and
restarting the named?

I've checked the both DNS books, but couldn't find the answer yet.

Thank you
Alex

options {
        version "";     // remove this to allow version queries

        listen-on    { any; };
        listen-on-v6 { any; };

        allow-recursion { clients; };

        forwarders {
                217.237.151.225;
                217.237.150.225;
                194.25.2.129;
        };
};

// my full named-simple.conf can be viewed here
// http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/etc/bind/