Different Serial in Bind 8 and 9

MJ php at cyberia.net.sa
Mon Mar 21 18:00:30 UTC 2005

Hi,
My primary name server is Bind 8.2. I installed a new machine as
secondary name server with bind 9.3.1. One thing I have noticed that
this new secondary DNS have downloaded all the zone files but the serial
is different than what it is in the primary. For example on primary
server one zone file has serial "20030322166" but on the secondary
server same zone file has "2850452982" and also it is not getting the
updates from the master server, whenever there is an increment in the
serial of master, it does effect the secondary.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

MJ