facing problem

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Mar 2 15:38:31 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:25:39AM +0530,
 Vishwanath T. K. <vishytk at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 36 lines which said:

> I have registered my domain (tech-solindia.com) and by default the
> doamin has ns1.net4domain.com and ns2.net4domain.com as the
> authoritative name servers for this domain.

By the way, this is not true. The two name servers are two other
machines:

~ % dig +short @b.gtld-servers.net NS tech-solindia.com
dns.tranquil.co.in.
dns1.thruport.com.

And ns1.net4domain.com (or ns2) does not exist.

> When ever i try to change the nameserver settings for the mentioned
> domain to point to my server (dns.tech-solindia.com) it just fails.

How do you "try to change"? Your registrar is Melbourne IT, which I do
not know. Did you try through their customer interface? If so, giving
us the actual error message could help.

> The reason given to me by the domain server provider is that since
> we are unable to ping to dns.tech-solindia.com the operation if
> failing.

If it is a reply from the Call Center of Melbourne IT, take it with a
grain of salt. Call Center people are not always knowledgeable.