Timeouts during cache cleaning and zone collection

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp
Tue Jun 21 22:54:43 UTC 2005

> Also, I've heard that some of the past performance problems were often
> due to memory management issues, and sometimes can be improved by
> building named with 'internal malloc'.  You can do this by, e.g., as
> follows:

> % ./configure --enable-threads STD_CDEFINES='-DISC_MEM_USE_INTERNAL_MALLOC=1'

To be clearer: '--enable-threads' is independent from internal
malloc...I just carelessly copied and pasted test inputs in my
environment to re-check the behavior.

% ./configure STD_CDEFINES='-DISC_MEM_USE_INTERNAL_MALLOC=1'

will simply be enough for the 'internal malloc' feature.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp