problem with resolving SOME EXTERNAL domains

enesz at bih.net.ba enesz at bih.net.ba
Tue Jun 7 12:31:48 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am new to this mailing list.

I administrate two name servers (master and slave).
Configuration is Solaris 9, Bind 9.2.3.

When I moved the Bind to new hardware platform (two SPARC machines)
problems started to hapen.
I just can not resolve some domais (mail admistrators says that this is
big amount of domains not resolving - mail communicate with DNS server
because of SPAMASSASIN).
DNS server from some other domain CAN resolve those domains
(www.dnsstuff.com <http://www.dnsstuff.com/>  also).
I am prety much sure that my Bind configuration is fine, i checked
nsswintch.conf file, DNS servers ARE NOT behind any firewall, i put
query-source address * port 53; directive in named.conf (in every case),
BUT NOTHING HELPS.
TCP and UDP seems works fine. I checked it through SNOOP and netstat -s.

Do you have some sugestions.

Thanks in advance.

P.S I used default installations of Solaris 9 form vendor (Fujitsu
Siemens). I thinking of new instalation of Solaris 9.