DNS updates

LStoev at gmail.com LStoev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 22:23:47 UTC 2005

Hi guys, I think you are great here...and of cource I have a question
about DNS...
So I have a domain name and I decided to change my Name Servers in the
account from my Registrar to my onw DNS Server that is working on my
web server. I set it up and I think it works fine, beacuse when I query
in it from outside i got a regular respond. So my DNS Server is where
is actually the web server. Now the configuration is like this: in my
domain account "<mydomain>.org" I have only one Name Server - the value
is "ns.<mydomain>.com" IP, the problem is that I have waited almost 60
hours and when I query for "<mydomain>.org" I got no domain found. When
I query for my Name Server I wrote "ns.<mydomain>.org" it resolves it
as an A record (Does it resolve it as an NS???). My question is why it
resolves my Name Server, but it doesn't resolve my Web Server - in fact
why it doesn't refer to my Name Server and then my Name Server to
respond. Or my problem is to wait more?....also last question why it
resolves my "ns.<mydomain>.org" as an A record but not as a NS record
that refers to the ip of my web server?....Did I miss something in the
configuration?...or not?