Upgrade to BIND 9.3.1

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:59:27 UTC 2005

Well, you didn't even bother to specify the OS you're running on. The
'service' thing suggests a Linux distro, but being more specific is
surely bound to get you a reply than something as vague as your
description of the problem.

Also, I assume you had 9.2.1 installed from an RPM (or deb package),
and that 9.3.1 is compiled from source, though you don't specify that
either. Well, I don't know if you get a file under /etc/init.d after
installing from source, and I'm not sure that is enough for using the
'service' command.

What you could try is to just run bind from /usr/local/sbin and see
what happens. If you have a configuration file and some zones in
place, that should be enough, IIRC.