Some domains are being read off the secondary DNS instead of the primary DNS first

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Jul 18 22:56:44 UTC 2005

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 04:05:59PM -0600, The Doctor wrote:
> ary

> > > Nothing. That's the expected behavior. By default, multiple records
> > > are served up in a round robin fashion.
> > >
> > > Look into "rrset-order" if you want to change this.
> > >

> > In the zone record or the named.conf file?
> >
> > Just want to make certain I get this correct.
> >

> I did add
> rrset-order{
> 	class ANY type ANY name "*" order fixed;
> }  ;
>
> And still there erroneous condition described as above persists.

	Firstly "fixed" is documented as not working in BIND 9.

	Secondly why do you care what order the nameservers are
	returned in?  They should all have the *same* data on them
	and the remote nameserver will work out which nameserver is
	faster for them based on rtt estimates.  At best you will
	influence the first query.

> > > Vinny Abello
> > > Network Engineer
> > > Server Management
> > > vinny at tellurian.com
> > > (973)300-9211 x 125
> > > (973)940-6125 (Direct)
> > > PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A
> > >
> > > Tellurian Networks - The Ultimate Internet Connection
> > > http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN
> > >
> > > "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of
> > > fear" -- Mark Twain
> > >

> > --
> > Member - Liberal International
> > This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
> > God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
> > Better to serve in Heaven that to Rule in Hell.
> >

> --
> Member - Liberal International
> This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
> God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
> Better to serve in Heaven that to Rule in Hell.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org