Bind9 - connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Tanja Nathali Winkelmann tanawi at web.de
Sat Jul 16 06:35:39 UTC 2005

Mark Andrews wrote:

 > 	Supply a root (".") zone.

Hello,

that doesn't help. I'e read, that if no root.hint is supplied, i's taken
the compiledin root.hint.

But anyway, I've got it.. I installt bind9 under Debian Sarge. there is
a better commented named.conf. They nearly solve the proble in my way.
They include a file, which breference to the private subnets (rfc1918).

eg: include "/etc/bind/zones.rfc1918";

In zones.rfc1918 are all private nets, they reference to an empty zonefile.

eg: zone "10.in-addr.arpa"  { type master; file "/etc/bind/db.empty"; };

One question, is tha the correct way or just a workaround?

Thanks,
Tanja