Weird error message (was: Checking Journal Integrity)

Sebastian E. Castro Avila secastro at nic.cl
Wed Jul 13 17:06:52 UTC 2005

Hi:

Continuing with my "post mortem" analysis, I found a error message in my
log that says:
"error: primary/domain.zone.jnl: malformed transaction: 0 SOAs"

That errors comes from the primary server of the zone, using Journaling
 from differences (ixfr-from-differences yes) and doing "rndc reload
domain.tld".

The zone to be loaded is right (named-checkzone went OK). Searching the
web I found references to the code of BIND and I found that message pops
out when an internal check failed.

Now, my question is: How could I know that error was produced? Could be a
hardware error (memory, disk, whatever?).

My setup is:

BIND 9.3.1
Fedora Core 3 (Kernel 2.6.11.11 SMP i686)

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards
Sebastian Castro A.