details of bug reports

Stacey Marshall stacey.marshall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:56:58 UTC 2005

Watanabe, Hiroshi wrote:

 >> Hi all,
 >>
 >> Where can I find the details of bug reports ?

The ISC does not make its bug reports public.

 >> I found Mailing List, BIND Announce,=20
 >> and I want to know more detail about some of them.
 >> for example 1131, 941, ....

You do not specify which revision of BIND you are referring to.  Not that it is
of any use if you had.

BIND 9 CHANGES file has

1131.   [bug]           The match-destinations view option did not work with
                          IPv6 destinations. [RT #2073, #2074]

941.   [bug]           The configuration checker crashed if a slave
                          zone didn't contain a masters statement. [RT #1514]

BIND 8 changes file has

1131.   [support]       TTL 0 is now allowed in zone files.

   941.   [bug]           lame server detection wasn't checking for SOA record.

With BIND Forum Membership you get Source Code CVS access which allows you to
track what change occurred at source level.

 >> Thanks,
 >> Hiroshi

Stace