Is there reference on the Net instead of the book DNS & Bind

Murray Nelson picker at guitarlesson.tv
Sat Feb 19 05:58:39 UTC 2005

I am sorry that my communication leaves so many holes for misunderstanding. Yes Barry I have that information in named.conf. I also have the 'authoritative-only name server info. I personally thank you for confirming that  with what was within the .html files that came with the BIND9.3 installation.
My concern now is about the file "mywhateverdomain.com.db" . I guess I can go to Chapters(Canada's answer to Barnes and Noble) and search for the book you recommend pay for it and wait weeks for it to come in. It certainly is not on the shelves there presently. Conspicuous in its absence as well as any books on SSL.  So with my humble little plea onward. Is there a reference site with material where you don't have to be a graduate and alumnus of MIT to understand?
I mean really there must be more complete information somewhere on the net.
 Murray

Barry wrote:

In the options section of named.conf you should specify a directory, and
that's the directory where all the other files should be stored:

options {
  directory "C:/dns/etc";
};<<<<

--
Murray Nelson
mnpicker at agt.net	ICQ # 53460269	Phone/FAX/Data (403)328-4261 					(push 2 to leave message)

Aardvark Recorders/Lost Lemon Records/Most Unusual Music (publishing)
Online AV content provider featuring AV streams of local live musicians.
http://www.localplayer.com

Guitar Instruction.
http://www.guitarlesson.tv