IPv6 issues

Kvetch kvetch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:25:58 UTC 2005

Mark, thanks so much for looking into this. What versions of BIND were
affected with the timeout problem, 9.2.5 thru 9.3.1 or versions below 9.2.5?
I am running 9.3.0 so I want to make sure I am not effected.
If these user's ISP are running a version of BIND that has this problem
would they have issues connecting to all sites or just sites that who's DNS
server is running BIND 9?
Is this the problem you were refering to http://v6fix.net . I could not find
any info on the isc.org <http://isc.org> site regarding this problem would
you know of any other references regarding the issue?

Do you know of a way to probe (scan) a DNS server to determine what version
of BIND they are running? I thought I might be able to do it with netcat but
I am not getting any readable responses back when I test on our DNS servers.

Thanks so much,
Nick