IPv6 issues

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Aug 30 23:40:55 UTC 2005

> I have ran some more tests on our DNS server and believe it is configured
> properly but I am still uncertain who's issues it is, the web user with IPv6
> enabled on an IPv4 bone or something on our end?
> Thanks,
> Nick

	I suspect it is a bit of both.  You have TTLs of 5 minutes
	which is causing the caches to continually go back to the
	parent zones.  They most probably are running old versions
	of BIND 9 that have to timeout on the IPv6 addresses of the
	COM/NET servers.

	The timeout problem is fixed (except for one OS and we are
	working with the OS manufacture to address the problem, the IP
	stack needs changes made to it) as of BIND 9.2.5 / BIND 9.3.1.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org