dns reverse lookup on co-lo address space

noc-ops aptgetd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:27:41 UTC 2005

Sorry for not being explicit in my explanation.

I meant to say resolving names to individual ip addresses and
vice-versa.

Just so that I'm clear, can the co-lo's reverse DNS add 10.0.16.172
(off their address space) to their reverse zone file which will
essentially resolve to hostname.domain.com?

How can they delegate the reverse DNS, portion of their address space
to my nameserver (domain.com)? I guess that's what I'm trying to
understand.

regards,
/vicky